Spring Fling. So many parents from my classroom attended Spring Fling that I received a gift for their participation from PTO. It was a groovy night all around. Please send me any pictures of my band, Martyrs, taken last Saturday (with, of course, any flattering images of me) for our website. Thanks.
For your calendar:
- Monday. After today, your student becomes a fifth grader in 12.5 “school” days.
- Wednesday. Library books are due and Star of the Week
- Thursday. Star of the Week
- May 6-10 (all week) Spring MAP testing (reading, writing, math; science), for an hour each morning.
- May 9-10 (Thursday and Friday), Mother’s Day Flower Sale, Library, 8-4.
- May 22 (Wednesday), Paint Mines field trip, Calhan, 8:30-2:30.
iPads. Please make certain your student brings a fully-charged iPad each morning.
How we’re working in the classroom:
- Spelling. All spelling words are on your kiddo’s iPad in their Google Drive. They know how to access them. Also, if they’ve done their Monday classwork, they will have them entered into their spelling app and can take pretest after pretest at home throughout the week.
- Vocabulary. The class will use flashcards created on Quizlet.com to study the week’s vocabulary words. Again, their vocabulary words are listed each week in their iTunes U language arts course.
- Reading. Please have your student listen to the story at least one time at home during the week.
- Math. Ask your student to show you her/his progress in Moby Math. Review with them any practice sets where they scored lower than 70% (they will be highlighted in yellow).
- Science. All work will be done in the classroom using Discovery Education.