Science field trip:
- Field trip permission slips and money ($9) for the April 2nd sheep heart dissection labs are due Wednesday, March 20.
- In my email sent last Friday to all parents, I mentioned that the permission slip is to be completed online.
- You can also volunteer to chaperone (at no charge) at one of the three labs using the same permission slip.
- After completing the form online, all that’s necessary is to send money to me with your kiddo.
- If you missed the email or had trouble viewing or submitting the form, you can fill it out online:
For your calendar:
- Monday. Fourth quarter begins. After today, your student becomes a fifth grader in 39.5 “school” days.
- Wednesday. Library books and field trip permission slips are due; parent/teacher conferences 4-8pm.
- Thursday. Parent/teacher conferences 8am-noon (no school for students)
- Friday. Spring Break begins (no school for students).
- March 4-20. TCAP (make-up testing only).
- March 21-31. Spring Break (no school for students).
- April 2. Sheep lung dissections in Legacy Academy middle school science lab with staff from the Denver Museum of Nature and Science.
- May 4 (Saturday), “Spring Fling Fiesta.” This is Legacy’s big annual fundraiser (my band, Martyrs, will be playing. Hope you can make it).
- May 22 (Wednesday). Paint Mines field trip, Calhan, 8:30-2:30.
iPads. Please make certain your student brings a fully-charged iPad each morning.
How we’re working in the classroom:
- All subjects. No testing this week. Students will be selecting work to display during conferences. They will be reading excerpts from “Music and Slavery,” rotating through Reading Plus, and blogging. Math and science as usual.