TCAP (formerly CSAP) testing concludes Monday. Yeah. Some reminders for PARENTS:
- all electronic devices will be collected daily before testing. All devices will be returned to students before lunch.
- make sure your student is rested, has eaten breakfast, and has a water bottle and a good book to read.
- testing session / time: one test / 8:20-10:00, Monday (make-up testing throughout the week as needed)
- they will need a snack
- following Monday’s TCAP session, they will complete normal classwork and any missing third quarter reading, writing, math, and science assignments
For your calendar:
- Monday. TCAP testing (see above).
- Wednesday. Library books are due and Star of the Week
- Thursday. Star of the Week and Legacy’s Got Talent Show tryouts, Ms. Klick’s room, 4pm
- Friday. All School Dress of Choice and individual Spring portrait photos
- March 4-20. TCAP (testing) for 4th grade.
- March 20 (regular school day for students) and 21 (no school for students). Parent/teacher conferences.
- March 21-31. Spring Break (no school for students).
- April 2. Sheep lung dissections in Legacy Academy middle school science lab with staff from the Denver Museum of Nature and Science.
- May 4 (Saturday), “Spring Fling Fiesta.” This is Legacy’s big annual fundraiser (my band, Martyrs, will be playing. Hope you can make it).
- May 22 (Wednesday). Paint Mines field trip, Calhan, 8:30-2:30.
iPads. Please make certain your student brings a fully-charged iPad each morning. They will be using them after lunch on most days this week, especially those students with missing assignments.
How we’re working in the classroom:
- All subjects. After Monday’s TCAP testing, it’s business as usual. As mentioned, they will also work in class to complete any missing third quarter assignments.