Sorry to those parents who were not selected to chaperone this field trip. Between the two classes, we were inundated with requests. Fret not, however: anyone not making the statehouse trek will have priority for our remaining field trips in April and May.
Basic rules of the road for students:
- wear your school uniform and dress warmly–it might be snowing Tuesday afternoon
- bring a disposable sack lunch and drink
- no iPads. Bring a book.
- stay in your seats while on the bus
- use low, low, low, indoor voices or you will be yelled at by the nice bus driver and/or guards at the state capital. Oh, and I might speak firmly to you, also.
- stay with your group
- Chaperones should only have to give directions once. Chaperones are to be shown respect at all times. Treat them like you’d want your classmates to treat your mom.
- You are representing Legacy Academy. Act appropriately, like you have been out in public before. Be excellent.
If you are a parent who is not riding the bus, but will meet us at the capital: you can obviously accompany your student, but your student must stay with their chaperone and group.
Chaperones. You may travel with other chaperones and their groups, but you are responsible for the kiddos in your group: