After today, your student becomes a fifth grader in 21.5 days.
Star (for most) of the Week. We interview a new star on Wednesday and Friday. Check the schedule.
Events this week:
- Wednesday. 1st Star (for most) of the Week and Legacy Academy Talent Show, gymnasium, 4-6:30pm.
- Friday. 2nd Star (for most) of the Week.
Please check this blog and their planners each night:
Math. New lessons this week. Students will have plenty of time to complete their assignments in class. All students need practice on multiplication facts and how to divide.
Keyboards and Tapes should practice their multiplication facts (http://quizlet.com/421821) and division facts (http://quizlet.com/832764/division-facts-flash-cards) daily.
Daily Oral Language (DOL). No DOL practice sentences this week. Students will edit two sentences weekly for a quiz grade.
Spelling. Students are now copying their spelling words into their Google Calendars on Mondays:
- everybody has the same spelling list this week
- they will be writing sentences that incorporate their spelling words, and
- there will be a SPELLING TEST this week
Vocabulary. All students take a five word vocabulary test every Friday.
All testing in my classes will occur this Friday as follows (again, you can download printable study guides for reading and language arts at “Week 33″ in the sidebar on the right):
Daily Oral Language (DOL). They’ll practice test on some of the sentences edited each morning in class. Look for: –Practice sentences, and –Answer key (available Monday night)
- –Spelling list (available Monday night)
- –Vocabulary words (available Monday night)
- Open Court. The reading comprehension exam will be comprised of short answer and multiple choice questions. It is always an “open book” test.
- –“Louis Braille: The Boy Who Invented Books for the Blind“ (the story is available online)