Your student becomes a fifth grader in 26.5 days.
Star (for most) of the Week. Starting this week, we will interview a new star on Wednesday and Friday (there will be exceptions…like this week). Check the schedule.
Events this week:
- Tuesday. Our first Star (for most) of the Week.
- Wednesday. In-school field trip, sheep lung dissections with staff from the Denver Museum of Nature and Science, LA Middle School science lab. Volunteers are needed.
- Friday. Our second Star (for most) of the Week.
Please check this blog and their planners each night:
Math. New lessons this week. Students will have plenty of time to complete their assignments in class. All students need practice on multiplication facts and how to divide.
Keyboards and Tapes should practice their multiplication facts daily at http://quizlet.com/421821 .
Daily Oral Language (DOL). No DOL practice sentences this week. Students will edit two sentences weekly for a quiz grade.
Spelling. Students are now copying their spelling words into their Google Calendars on Mondays:
- everybody has the same spelling list this week
- they will be planning and creating a short story that incorporates their spelling words, and
- there will be a SPELLING TEST this week
Vocabulary. All students take a five word vocabulary test every Friday.
All testing in my classes will occur this Friday as follows (again, you can download printable study guides for reading and language arts at “Week 32″ in the sidebar on the right):
Daily Oral Language (DOL). They’ll practice test on some of the sentences edited each morning in class. Look for: –Practice sentences, and –Answer key (available Monday night)
- –Spelling list (available Monday night)
- –Vocabulary words (available Monday night)
- Open Court. The reading comprehension exam will be comprised of short answer and multiple choice questions. It is always an “open book” test.
- –“Koko’s Kitten“ (the story is available online)