Your student becomes a fifth grader in 31.5 days.
- Star (for most) of the Week. Starting next week, we will interview a new star on Wednesday and Friday (with the exception of one week where it’ll be Tuesday and Thursday). Check the schedule.
- Talent Show tryouts, 3:45pm – 5:30pm, LA gymnasium.
- in-school field trip, sheep lung dissections with staff from the Denver Museum of Nature and Science, LA Middle School science room. Volunteers are needed.
Please check this blog and their planners each night:
Math. New lessons this week. Students will have plenty of time to complete assignments in class. All students need practice on multiplication facts and how to divide.
Keyboards and Tapes should practice their multiplication facts daily at http://quizlet.com/421821 .
Daily Oral Language (DOL). No DOL practice sentences this week. Students will edit two sentences weekly for a quiz grade.
Spelling. Students are now copying their spelling words into their planners on Mondays:
- everybody has the same spelling list this week
- they will be doing sentences that incorporate their spelling words, and
- there will be a SPELLING TEST this week
Vocabulary. All students take a five word vocabulary test every Friday.
All testing in my classes will occur this Friday as follows (again, you can download printable study guides for reading and language arts at “Week 31″ in the sidebar on the right):
Daily Oral Language (DOL). They’ll practice test on some of the sentences edited each morning in class. Look for: –Practice sentences, and –Answer key (available Monday night)
- –Spelling list (available Monday night)
- –Vocabulary words (available Monday night)
- Open Court. The reading comprehension exam will be comprised of short answer and multiple choice questions. It is always an “open book” test.
- –“Sewed Up His Heart“ (the story is available online)