Monday. TCAP (formerly CSAP) testing reminders:
- make sure your student is rested and has eaten breakfast
- testing time: 8:15-11:00, Monday
- they will need a snack
- it’s a regular classroom workweek, however, time will be given to students to complete any missing third quarter, reading, writing, math, and science assignments
- Flashcards. In the box.net sidebar to your right, “Week 29” includes Quizlet.com links to flashcards for:
Please check this blog and their planners each night:
Math. New lessons this week. Students will have plenty of time to complete assignments in class. All students need practice on multiplication facts and how to divide.
Keyboards and Tapes should practice their multiplication facts daily at http://quizlet.com/421821 .
Daily Oral Language (DOL). No DOL practice sentences this week. Students will edit two sentences weekly for a quiz grade.
Spelling. Students are now copying their spelling words into their planners on Mondays:
- everybody has the same spelling list this week
- they will be doing sentences that incorporate their spelling words, and
- there will be a SPELLING TEST this week
Vocabulary. All students take a five word vocabulary test every Friday.
All testing in my classes will occur this Friday as follows (again, you can download printable study guides for reading and language arts at “Week 29″ in the sidebar on the right):
Daily Oral Language (DOL). They’ll practice test on some of the sentences edited each morning in class. Look for: –Practice sentences, and –Answer key (available Monday night)
- –Spelling list (available Monday night)
- –Vocabulary words (available Monday night)
- Open Court. The reading comprehension exam will be comprised of short answer and multiple choice questions. It is always an “open book” test.
- –“McBroom and the Big Wind“ (the story is NOT available online)