Click to see who’s our next Star of the Week.
I’m still missing several signed consent forms for your student’s secure email accounts (you will be able to access his/her email account at any time). Fourth grade will make use of these accounts often.
Class pictures will be rescheduled due to our wonderful, timely snow day.
The 2012 fourth grade Science Fair winners, Colton, Anna, and Mason, will compete in the Black Forest Science Fair in Colorado Springs later in the month.
Flashcards. In the box.net sidebar to your right, “Week 24” includes Quizlet.com links to flashcards for:
Please check this blog and their planners each night:
Math. All Tapes, and some Keyboards, will pretest this week. I’ll be reteaching concepts to select groups again this week. All students need practice on multiplication facts and how to divide.
Keyboards and Tapes should practice their multiplication facts daily at http://quizlet.com/421821 .
Daily Oral Language (DOL). Students edit two sentences daily in class using neu.annotate, an iPad app. Additionally, students will edit two similar sentences weekly for a quiz grade (to see if they can apply their newfound editing knowledge).
Spelling. Students are now copying their spelling words into their planners on Mondays:
- NOTE: everybody has the same spelling list this week
- NOTE: they will be doing sentences that incorporate their spelling words, therefore, NO SPELLING TEST this week
Vocabulary. All students take a five word vocabulary test every Friday.
All testing in my classes will occur this Thursday or Friday as follows (again, you can download printable study guides for reading and language arts at “Week 24″ in the sidebar on the right):
- Daily Oral Language (DOL). They’ll practice test on some of the sentences edited each morning in class. Look for:
- –Practice sentences, and
- –Answer key (available Monday night)
- –Spelling list (available Monday night)
- –Vocabulary words (available Monday night)
- Open Court. The reading comprehension exam will be comprised of short answer and multiple choice questions. It is always an “open book” test.
- –“Island of the Blue Dolphins“ (study guide is available online)