Click to see who’s our next Star of the Week.
Science Fair is February 2. Click here for the details.
Flashcards. In the box.net sidebar to your right, “Week 21” includes Quizlet.com links to flashcards for:
Please check this blog and their planners each night:
Math. They will pretest this week. I will be reteaching concepts to all groups this week. For example, there are students that have not mastered basic arithmetic algorithms, while others need support with multi-digit multiplication and division.
Keyboards and Tapes should practice their multiplication facts daily at http://quizlet.com/421821 .
Daily Oral Language (DOL). Students edit two sentences daily in class and will test on some of the same sentences each Friday. Additionally, students will edit two similar sentences weekly for a quiz grade (to see if they can apply their newfound editing knowledge).
Spelling. Students are now copying their spelling words into their planners on Mondays. NOTE: everybody has the same spelling list this week.
Vocabulary. All students take a five word vocabulary test every Friday.
All testing in my classes will occur this Thursday and Friday as follows (again, you can download printable study guides for reading and language arts at “Week 21″ in the sidebar on the right):
- Daily Oral Language (DOL). They’ll practice test on some of the sentences edited each morning in class. Look for:
- –Practice sentences, and
- –Answer key (available Monday night)
- –Spelling list (available Monday night)
- –Vocabulary words (available Monday night)
- Open Court. The reading comprehension exam will be comprised of short answer and multiple choice questions. It is always an “open book” test.
- –“The New Doctor“ (study guide is available online)