Please have your student bring in his/her favorite Christmas/holiday/seasonal book. We will be reading them aloud in class throughout this week. I’ll try to make certain they are returned to you in one piece. The Grinch, for example, would be excellent.
Holiday Break. Friday is a half-day. I’m not certain when our party starts. I’ll let you know
Thank you for making Market Day a success.
Click to see who’s our next Star of the Week.
Online parent surveys can be completed through December 23. An invitation/link will be sent to you via email. You will receive credit for two volunteer hours upon its completion.
Flashcards. In the box.net sidebar to your right, “Week 18” includes Quizlet.com links to flashcards for:
- Open Court vocabulary and study guide, and
- multiplication facts
Please check this blog and their planners each night:
Math. They will pretest and test much of this week:
- (Math group) Keyboards should have completed all classwork thru lessons 30-31.
- (Math group) Tapes should have completed all classwork thru lessons 30-31.
- Keyboards and Tapes should practice their multiplication facts daily at http://quizlet.com/421821 .
Students will be catching up any missing assignments and working together on a couple of small group math activities.
Daily Oral Language (DOL). Students edit two sentences daily in class and will test on some of the same sentences each Friday. Additionally, students will edit two similar sentences weekly for a quiz grade (to see if they can apply their newfound editing knowledge).
Spelling. Students are now copying their spelling words into their planners on Mondays. NOTE: everybody has the same spelling list this week.
Vocabulary. All students take a five word vocabulary test every Friday.
All testing in my classes will occur this Thursday as follows (again, you can download printable study guides for reading and language arts at “Week 18″ in the sidebar on the right):
- Daily Oral Language (DOL). They’ll practice test on some of the sentences edited each morning in class. Look for:
- –Practice sentences, and
- –Answer key (available Monday night)
- –Spelling list (available Monday night)
- –Vocabulary words (available Monday night)
- Open Court. The reading comprehension exam will be comprised of short answer and multiple choice questions. It is always an “open book” test.
- –“The Milkmaid and Her Pail“ (study guide is available online)