Click to see who’s our next Star of the Week.
Online parent surveys can be completed through December 23. An invitation/link will be sent to you via email. You will receive credit for two volunteer hours upon its completion.
Scholastic Book Fair (December 5-9). Students will be dismissed to make purchases throughout the week.
Market Day is Friday, December 9. Here are some helpful hints for your biz kids. Volunteers are needed for setup and tear down. Contact Mrs. Waide or me.
Flashcards. In the box.net sidebar to your right, “Week 17” includes Quizlet.com links to flashcards for:
Please check this blog and their planners each night:
Math. They will test this week:
- (Math group) Keyboards classwork for this week are lessons 30-31.
- (Math group) Tapes classwork classwork for this week are lessons 30-31.
- Keyboards and Tapes should practice their multiplication facts daily at http://quizlet.com/421821 .
Students will be catching up any missing assignments and working together on a couple of small group math activities.
Daily Oral Language (DOL). Students edit two sentences daily in class and will test on some of the same sentences each Friday. Additionally, students will edit two similar sentences weekly for a quiz grade (to see if they can apply their newfound editing knowledge).
Spelling. Students are now copying their spelling words into their planners on Mondays. NOTE: everybody has the same spelling list this week.
Vocabulary. All students take a five word vocabulary test every Friday.
All testing in my classes will occur this Thursday and Friday as follows (again, you can download printable study guides for reading and language arts at “Week 17″ in the sidebar on the right):
- Daily Oral Language (DOL). They’ll practice test on some of the sentences edited each morning in class. Look for:
- –Practice sentences, and
- –Answer key (available Monday night)
- –Spelling list (available Monday night)
- –Vocabulary words (available Monday night)
- Open Court. The reading comprehension exam will be comprised of short answer and multiple choice questions. It is always an “open book” test.
- –“Medicine: Past and Present“ (study guide is NOT available online)