Click to see who’s our next Star of the Week.
More MAP testing this week.
Flashcards. In the box.net sidebar to your right, “Week 14” includes Quizlet.com links to flashcards for:
- Open Court vocabulary, and
- multiplication facts
What is the Web? Students will be learning the differences between the Internet, the Web, and search engines. They will use this knowledge to research their:
- Starting a business project. A project guide is available in the “Week 14” sidebar to assist your child create a business plan for a fictional business. It will be due the first full week of December. We’ll spend a good deal of time on the project in class this week.
- Wonders of the World. This will be a video assignment over the next two weeks.
Please check this blog and their planners each night:
Math. They will not test this week.
(Math group) Keyboards classwork schedule for week:
- Monday – Pretest 4A; correct Test 3A.
- Tuesday – thru Lesson 21 – Triangles, Rectangles, Squares, and Circles
- Wednesday – thru Lesson 22 – Naming Fractions / Adding Dollars and Cents
- Thursday – thru Lesson 23 – Lines, Segments, Rays, and Angles
- Friday – thru Lesson 24 – Inverse Operations
(Math group) Tapes classwork schedule for week:
- Monday – Pretest 5A; correct Test 4A.
- Tuesday – thru Lesson 21 – Word Problems About Equal Groups
- Wednesday – thru Lesson 22 – Division With and Without Remainders
- Thursday – thru Lesson 23 – Recognizing Halves
- Friday – thru Lesson 24 – Parentheses and the Associative Property
Keyboards and Tapes should practice their multiplication facts daily at http://quizlet.com/421821 .
Daily Oral Language (DOL). Students edit two sentences daily in class and will test on some of the same sentences each Friday. Additionally, students will edit two similar sentences weekly for a quiz grade (to see if they can apply their newfound editing knowledge).
Spelling. Students are now copying their spelling words into their planners on Mondays.
Vocabulary. All students take a five word vocabulary test every Friday.
All testing in my classes will occur this Thursday and Friday as follows (again, you can download printable study guides for reading and language arts at “Week 14″ in the sidebar on the right):
- Daily Oral Language (DOL). They’ll practice test on some of the sentences edited each morning in class. Look for:
- –Practice sentences, and
- –Answer key (available Monday night)
- –Spelling list (available Monday night)
- –Vocabulary words (available Monday night)
- Open Court. The reading comprehension exam will be comprised of short answer and multiple choice questions. It is always an “open book” test.
- –“Business is Looking Up“ (study guide in NOT available online)