Friday, October 21:
- Picture retakes
- K-8 Dress of Choice
Please check this blog and their planners each night:
Math. We will continue with assignments and assessments in the classroom. The classwork becomes homework if it’s not completed in class. They should, however, have plenty of time in class to complete their work. They will test this week.
Daily Oral Language (DOL). Students edit two sentences daily in class and will test on some of the same sentences each Friday. Additionally, students will edit two similar sentences weekly for a quiz grade (to see if they can apply their newfound editing knowledge).
Spelling. Students are now copying their spelling words into their planners on Mondays.
Vocabulary. All students take a five word vocabulary test every Friday.
All testing in my classes will occur this Friday as follows (again, you can download printable study guides for reading and language arts at “Week 10″ in the sidebar on the right):
- Daily Oral Language (DOL). They’ll practice test on some of the sentences edited each morning in class. Look for:
- –Practice sentences, and
- –Answer key (available Monday night)
- –Spelling list (available Monday night)
- –Vocabulary words (available Monday night)
- Open Court. The reading comprehension exam will be comprised of short answer and multiple choice questions. It is always an “open book” test.
- –“Henry Wells and William G. Fargo” (study guide available online)