Communication from Mr. T. On a weekly basis:
On a daily basis:
In order to view, download, and print almost anything on the fourth grade blog, you must download copies of a:
- Some “conventional” homework is likely this week. Please check the blog and their planners each night:
Math 4 and 5. We will continue with assignments and assessments in the classroom. The classwork becomes homework if it’s not completed in class. They should, however, have plenty of time in class to complete their work. They will test this week.
Daily Oral Language (DOL). Students edit two sentences daily in class and will test on some of the same sentences each Friday. Additionally, students will edit two similar sentences weekly for a quiz grade (to see if they can apply their newfound editing knowledge).
Spelling. A copy of their spelling list is sent home in their Monday Folder and a duplicate list kept at school.
Vocabulary. All students take a five word vocabulary test every Friday.
Please note: the DOL answer key, and the spelling and vocabulary lists will be available by Monday evening.
All testing in my classes will occur this Friday as follows (again, you can download printable study guides for reading and language arts at “Week 8″ in the sidebar on the right):
- Daily Oral Language (DOL). They’ll practice test on some of the sentences edited each morning in class. Look for:
- –Practice sentences, and
- –Answer key (available Monday night)
- –Spelling list (available Monday night)
- –Vocabulary words (available Monday night)
- Open Court. The reading comprehension exam will be comprised of short answer and multiple choice questions. It is always an “open book” test.
- –“Two Tickets to Freedom” (study guide available online)