My fourth graders could have them in hand as early as Tuesday, September 6.
I’ve had many questions about what the iPad rollout will look like. Here are a few things I know:
- We are rolling them out starting with the oldest (i.e., eight graders) first.
- iPads are not going home until we have had sufficient time to teach students how to use and care for them.
- iPads may not go home every night. It will depend on the homework.
- Right now iPads are assigned to the classrooms. Very soon, they will be assigned to individual students (Legacy Academy staff is evaluating how this will look in kindergarten through second grade).
- Replacement glass costs $99.
- iPads replacements are $479.
- We are continuing to use Core Knowledge and Saxon Math, but the iPads will help us to fill in any learning gaps to meet Colorado state standards.
The adventure begins…