Your kids will become 5th graders in 17.5 school days.
Both math classes will have no homework on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday due to MAP testing. We know how upset the students will be…
For your calendar:
- April 26-28, music room, 3:30m – 4:30pm. Legacy Academy talent show auditions.
- April 28, A and A/B honor rolls (3rd-5th grades) Dress of Choice.
- April 29, no school for students.
Star of the Week. Each star will need to talk briefly about the photographs and artifacts they bring in to share and field questions from the crowd:
- April 27: Reese
- May 4: Brittany V.
- May 11: Dalton
- May 17 (Tuesday): Jordan
Every Monday, parents should:
- Check the “Twitter Feed″ in the sidebar on the right for upcoming events
- Go through their student’s Monday Folder, and
- Download the printable study guides (“Week 35″ in the sidebar on the right) for this Friday’s reading and language arts tests
Please check the “Twitter Feed″ in the sidebar each night.
Math 5. Problem sets 94-95 will be due as homework this week. Two problem sets will be assigned Monday and due on Thursday as follows. They will not test this
Daily Oral Language (DOL). There are no more weekly practice sentences or tests for the remainder of the school year. They will take their final DOL quiz this week.
Spelling. To clarify:
- every student has the same spelling list
every student has a spelling list at their individual spelling level as determined by their Morrison-McCall test results (several kids spell well beyond the fourth grade age level).
- a copy of their list is sent home in their Monday Folder and a duplicate list is kept at school
They must choose 10 words from their list and:
- look up their definitions and their parts of speech, and
- write 10 excellent sentences (if they are 10 years old, their sentences should have at least 10 words)
Vocabulary. All students take a five word vocabulary test every Friday.
Shurley Grammar. No testing this week, however, students will work with sentence classification.
All testing in my classes will occur this Thursday as follows (again, you can download printable study guides for reading and language arts at “Week 35″ in the sidebar on the right):
* Daily Oral Language (DOL). They’ll practice test on some of the sentences edited each morning in class. Look for:
–Practice sentences, and
* –Answer key (available Monday night)
* Spelling. Students will test on their individualized spelling list.
* –Spelling list (available Monday night)
* –Vocabulary words (available Monday night)
* Open Court. The reading comprehension exam will be comprised of short answer and multiple choice questions. It is always an “open book” test. Students will read and discuss the story in class.
* –”Going West” (a study guide is available online)