Look for spring portraits in today’s Monday Folders. I believe the drill is to:
- return a payment if you want them, or
- return the photo packet if you do not
Your kids will become 5th graders in 32.5 school days.
For your calendar:
- April 5-7, CSAP testing.
- April 14, Legacy Academy gym, 6:30-8 pm. Second iSchool community informational meeting and pre-registration.
Regarding CSAP testing (Tuesday thru Thursday) and homework. Please:
- make certain your kiddo gets some sleep and breakfast
- there will be no new vocabulary or spelling words this week
- we have spent two weeks on the Open Court selection, “Early America.” There will be an Open Court comprehension test and a DOL quiz on Friday
- throughout the week, Math 5 students will work collaboratively in small groups with Mrs. Waide’s math class. There will be no math homework or testing this week
To repeat: no homework this week due to CSAP testing.
Star of the Week. Each star will need to talk briefly about the photographs and artifacts they bring in to share and field questions from the crowd:
- April 6: Abby
- April 13: Sarah
- April 20: Brittany V.
- April 27: Reese
- May 4: Jessica
- May 11: Dalton
- May 17 (Tuesday): Jordan
Every Monday, parents should:
- Check the “Twitter Feed″ in the sidebar on the right for upcoming events
- Go through their student’s Monday Folder, and
- Download the printable study guides (“Week 32″ in the sidebar on the right) for this Friday’s reading and language arts tests
Please check the “Twitter Feed″ in the sidebar each night.
Math 5. No homework this week.
They will test this Friday.
Daily Oral Language (DOL). There are no more weekly practice sentences or tests for the remainder of the school year. They will, however, continue to have a weekly DOL quiz beginning after Spring Break.
Spelling. Due to CSAP: every student has the same spelling list at their individual spelling level as determined by their Morrison-McCall test results (several kids spell well beyond the fourth grade age level) a copy of their list is sent home in their Monday Folder and a duplicate list is kept at school They must choose 10 words from their list and: look up their definitions and their parts of speech, and
write 10 excellent sentences (if they are 10 years old, their sentences should have at least 10 words) Vocabulary. All students take a five word vocabulary test every Friday.
Shurley Grammar. No testing this week, however, students will work with sentence classification.
All testing in my classes will occur this Friday as follows (again, you can download printable study guides for reading and language arts at “Week 32″ in the sidebar on the right):
* Spelling. Students will test on their individualized spelling list.
* –Spelling list (available Monday night)
* –Vocabulary words (available Monday night)
* Open Court. The reading comprehension exam will be comprised of short answer and multiple choice questions. It is always an “open book” test. Students will read and discuss the story in class.
* –”Early America” (a study guide is NOT available online)