For your calendar:
- March 14, Legacy Academy gym, 6:30-8 pm. iSchool community informational meeting and pre-registration.
- March 16, 4-8 pm. Parent/teacher conferences.
- March 17, 8-noon. Parent/teacher conferences (no school for students).
- March 18-27. Spring break.
What we’re doing out of the ordinary this week. It’s the end of the quarter, so students will be taking end-of-unit assessments in reading, spelling, vocabulary, and language arts. Some CSAP preparation will also occur.
Star of the Week. Each star will need to talk briefly about the photographs and artifacts they bring in to share and field questions from the crowd:
- March 16: Charlie
- March 30: Nicholas
- April 6: Abby
- April 13: Sarah
- April 20: Brittany V.
- April 27: Reese
- May 4: Jessica
- May 11: Dalton
- May 17 (Tuesday): Jordan
Every Monday, parents should:
- Check the “Twitter Feed″ in the sidebar on the right for upcoming events
- Go through their student’s Monday Folder, and
- Download the printable study guides (“Week 29″ in the sidebar on the right) for this Friday’s reading and language arts tests
Please check the “Twitter Feed″ in the sidebar each night.
Math 5. Problem sets 78-79 will be due as homework this week. They will test this
Daily Oral Language (DOL). Students edit two sentences daily in class
and will test on some of the same sentences each Friday. Additionally, students will edit two similar sentences weekly for a quiz grade (to see if they can apply their newfound editing knowledge).
Spelling. Every student has a spelling list
at their individual spelling level as determined by their Morrison-McCall test results (several kids spell well beyond the fourth grade age level). A copy of their list is sent home in their Monday Folder and a duplicate list kept at school. Vocabulary. All students take a five word vocabulary test every Friday.
Shurley Grammar. No testing this week, however, students will work with sentence classification.
All testing in my classes will occur this Wednesday
Friday as follows (again, you can download printable study guides for reading and language arts at “Week 29″ in the sidebar on the right):
* Daily Oral Language (DOL).
They’ll practice test on some of the sentences edited each morning in class. Look for:
* –Practice sentences, and
* –Answer key (available Monday night)
* Spelling. Students will test on their individualized spelling list.
* –Spelling list (available Monday night)
* –Vocabulary words (available Monday night)
* Open Court. The reading comprehension exam will be comprised of short answer and multiple choice questions. It is always an “open book” test. Students will read and discuss the story in class.
* –”Koko’s Kitten” (a study guide is available online)