Star of the Week. Tuesday, December 14: Britney V. Each star will need to talk briefly about the photographs and artifacts they bring in to share and field questions from the crowd. On deck (January 5): Janice. In the hole (January 12): Anthony.
Market Day, Wednesday, December 15. Volunteers for setup and tear down are needed. Here are some helpful hints for you and your student.
- K-8 Dress of Choice day
- Class holiday party beginning @ 10:45 am (for more information, click here)
- Early dismissal for students at noon
- Last day of second quarter
Check Infinite Campus (IC) for your student’s grades and missing assignments.
Holiday books. Have your student bring in their favorite holiday books which we will read throughout the week in class.
Every Monday, parents should:
- Check the “Twitter Feed″ in the sidebar on the right for upcoming events, and
- Go through their student’s Monday Folder
Please check the blog each night.
It will be a typical week with the exception that there will be no testing. If your kiddo is missing assignments, s/he will be given time to complete them before this Friday.
Math 5. Problem sets 50-52 will be due as homework this week. Note: there will no homework assigned on Thursday and Friday. They should have plenty of time in class to complete missing homework. They will not test this week.
Daily Oral Language (DOL). Students edit two sentences daily in class and will test on some of the same sentences each Friday. Additionally, students will edit two similar sentences weekly for a quiz grade (to see if they can apply their newfound editing knowledge). Spelling. Every student has a spelling list at their individual spelling level as determined by their Morrison-McCall test results (several kids spell well beyond the fourth grade age level). A copy of their list is sent home in their Monday Folder and a duplicate list kept at school. Vocabulary. All students take a five word vocabulary test every Friday. Shurley Grammar. No testing this week, however, students will work with sentence classification. All testing in my classes will occur this Friday as follows (again, you can download printable study guides for reading and language arts at “Week 17″ in the sidebar on the right): * Daily Oral Language (DOL). They’ll practice test on some of the sentences edited each morning in class. Look for:
* –Practice sentences, and
* –Answer key (available Monday night)
* Spelling. Students will test on their individualized spelling list.
* –Spelling list (available Monday night)
* –Vocabulary words (available Monday night)
* Open Court. The reading comprehension exam will be comprised of short answer and multiple choice questions. It is always an “open book” test. Students will read and discuss the story in class.
* –”The Bridge Dancers” (a study guide is available online)