Science fair. On Monday, October 4, the signature sheet must be returned with the parent’s and student’s signatures to indicate that each has read the Science Fair information packet and the Science Fair notebook.
I will be gone on Monday at a Matchwits competition in Edison, Colorado with a team from Legacy Academy. See you Tuesday.
MAP testing begins Tuesday for fourth graders. Please emphasize to your student the importance of making their best effort on the test.
Every Monday, parents should:
- Check the “Twitter Feed″ in the sidebar on the right for upcoming events
- Go through their student’s Monday Folder, and
- Download the printable study guides (“Week 8″ in the sidebar on the right) for this Friday’s reading and language arts tests
Please check the blog and their planners each night.
Math 5. Problem sets 20 – 22 will be due as homework this week. They should have plenty of time in class to complete homework. They will test this Friday.
Daily Oral Language (DOL). Students edit two sentences daily in class and will test on some of the same sentences each Friday. Additionally, students will edit two similar sentences weekly for a quiz grade (to see if they can apply their newfound editing knowledge).
Spelling. Every student has a spelling list at their individual spelling level as determined by their Morrison-McCall test results (several kids spell well beyond the fourth grade age level). A copy of their list is sent home in their Monday Folder and a duplicate list kept at school.
Vocabulary. All students take a five word vocabulary test every Friday.
Shurley Grammar. No testing this week, however, students will work with contractions and possessive pronouns.
All testing in my classes will occur this Friday as follows (again, you can download printable study guides for reading and language arts at “Week 8″ in the sidebar on the right):
* Daily Oral Language (DOL). They’ll practice test on some of the sentences edited each morning in class. Look for:
* –Practice sentences, and
* –Answer key (available Monday night)
* Spelling. Students will test on their individualized spelling list.
* –Spelling list (available Monday night)
* –Vocabulary words (available Monday night)
* Open Court. The reading comprehension exam will be comprised of short answer and multiple choice questions. It is always an “open book” test.
* –Daedalus and Icarus (study guide available online)