For the latest news on Mr. T’s classroom, follow us at Twitter.
CSAP testing begins this week (Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday). Please:
- Make certain your kiddo gets some sleep and breakfast
- Kids in my class will take spelling and DOL tests on Friday
- We will be spending two weeks on the Open Court selection, “Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl.”‘ There will be no Open Court comprehension test until next week)
- Math 5 students will only have homework on Monday night, but will test on Friday
Star of the Week. Every Wednesday, for the remainder of the year, the class will interview its Star of the Week. The Star can bring in photos and artifacts about her/him for display on Monday and must remove them by Friday. This Wednesday’s Star of the Week is John. On deck (Wednesday, March 10): Dori. In the hole (Wednesday, March 17): Jacob.
Download Mr. Tallent’s “Week 27 for Parents” .zip file here from YouSendIt. It contains the:
- Open Court story (the story, “Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl,” is available online)
- Mr. T’s spelling list
- DOL (daily oral language) practice sheet and answer key
Math 5. Problem set 84 will be assigned on Monday and will be due as homework on Friday this week. Tuesday through Thursday, students will work collaboratively in small groups. They will test this Friday.
Daily Oral Language (DOL). Students edit two or three sentences daily in class and will test on some of the same sentences this Friday. Additionally, students will edit two similar sentences weekly for a quiz grade (to see if they can apply their newfound editing knowledge).
Spelling. Every student has a spelling list at their individual spelling level as determined by their Morrison-McCall test results (several kids spell well beyond the fourth grade age level). A copy of their list is sent home in their Monday Folder and a duplicate list kept at school.
Vocabulary. No testing this week.
Shurley Grammar. Students will be reviewing “Pattern 2″ sentences.