For the latest news on Mr. T’s classroom, follow us at Twitter.
Market Day. It’s the day after the Science Fair. I know you want to string us up, but it’s the favorite event of many students during their stay in Fourth Grade. So, here are the details.
The fourth grade website is NOT operable. I had to change hosting sites recently and it does not work. So here’s the fix:
–Download the “Revised Week 16 for Parents” .zip file here from YouSendIt. It contains the:
- Open Court vocabulary words (the story is not available online)
- Mr. T’s spelling list
- DOL (daily oral language) practice sheet and answer key
- Shurley Grammar study guide for my class (we are starting “Pattern 2” sentences this week)
- Science Fair Information Packet
- Student Science Fair Notebook
- Mrs. Waide’s newsletter and spelling list
–Download a .zip file unpacker here (most computers will open this file automatically when you click on it. If not, you can find one here)
Science Fair. Science fair materials can be viewed and downloaded here (look in the lower right hand corner under “Science Fair”). These are the remaining assignments:
- November 23 (FYI: it’s late): Show completed Science Fair notebook to teacher.
- November 23 – December 9: Work on display boards. Practice presentation at home several times.
- December 10: The Science Fair at Legacy Academy.
Math 5. Problem sets 54 – 57 will be due as homework this week. They should have plenty of time in class to complete homework. They will test this Friday.
Daily Oral Language (DOL). Students edit two or three sentences daily in class and will test on some of the same sentences this Friday. Additionally, students will edit two similar sentences weekly for a quiz grade (to see if they can apply their newfound editing knowledge).
Spelling. Every student has a spelling list at their individual spelling level as determined by their Morrison-McCall test results (several kids spell well beyond the fourth grade age level). A copy of their list is sent home in their Monday Folder and a duplicate list kept at school.
Vocabulary. All students take a five word vocabulary test each Friday.
Shurley Grammar. Students will test this week in addition to classifying “Pattern 2” sentences and working with vocabulary.