For the latest news on Mr. T’s classroom, follow us at Twitter.
No school for students Thursday and Friday.
Parent conferences are Wednesday, 4-8 p.m., and Thursday, 8-noon.
Every Monday, parents should look for:
- *This Week’s Assignments (in the sidebar on the right).
Science Fair. Your student’s next assignment is detailed here.
Math 5. Problem sets 40 – 42 will be due as homework this week. They should have plenty of time in class to complete homework. They will not test this week.
Daily Oral Language (DOL). Students edit two or three sentences daily in class and will test on some of the same sentences this Wednesday. Additionally, students will edit two similar sentences weekly for a quiz grade (to see if they can apply their newfound editing knowledge).
Spelling. Every student has a spelling list at their individual spelling level as determined by their Morrison-McCall test results (several kids spell well beyond the fourth grade age level). A copy of their list is sent home in their Monday Folder and a duplicate list kept at school.
Vocabulary. All students take a five word vocabulary test this Wednesday.
Shurley Grammar. No testing this week, however, students will be classifying sentences and working with vocabulary.
All testing in my classes will occur this Wednesday as follows:
- Daily Oral Language (DOL). They’ll practice test on some of the sentences edited each morning in class. Click on the links for:
- –Practice sentences
- –Answer key (available Monday night)
- Spelling. Students will test on their individualized spelling list.
- –Spelling list (available Monday night)
- –Vocabulary words (available Monday night)
- Open Court. The reading comprehension exam will be comprised of short answer and multiple choice questions. It is always an “open book” test.
- –Starting a Business (a copy of the story is NOT available online)