No school for students this Friday.
Progress reports for Mr. T’s classes, excluding Science, went home today.
Science. Permission slips for the in-school science field trip this Tuesday are available here, and were due last Friday. We need bunches of volunteers to help in the lab and in the classroom. It’s best to contact Mrs. Waide.
Your kids will become 5th graders in 56.5 school days.
Star of the Week. Wednesday, February 25: Olivia. Each star will need to talk briefly about the photographs and artifacts they bring in to share and field questions from the crowd.
Math 65. Problem sets 93 – 96 will be due as homework this week. They will test on Thursday.
Shurley Grammar. No testing this week, however, students will be classifying pattern 3 sentences and working with synonyms and antonyms.
All testing in my classes will occur this Thursday as follows:
- Daily Oral Language (DOL). Beginning today, there are no more weekly practice sentences or tests (i.e., they will no longer test on the sentences they edit each morning in class). They will, however, continue to have a DOL quiz every Friday.
- Spelling. They will test this week on their individualized spelling list.
- –Open Court spelling words (remember that their individualized spelling list may bear little resemblance to the Open Court spelling words)
- –Vocabulary words
- Open Court. The reading comprehension exam will be comprised of short answer and multiple choice questions. It is always an “open book” test.
- –Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl (a study guide is available online)