Every Monday, parents should look for these two things:
- *This Week’s Assignments (in the sidebar on the right), and
- the current issue of my classroom newsletter, Mr. T’s Tattler
Your kids will become 5th graders in 60.5 school days.
Progress reports for Mr. T’s classes, excluding Science, went home today.
Science. Permission slips for the in-school science field trip on February 24 are available here, and are due this Friday, February 20. We need bunches of volunteers to help in the lab and in the classroom. It’s best to contact Mrs. Waide.
Your kids will become 5th graders in 64.5 school days.
Star of the Week. Wednesday, February 18: Brandon. Each star will need to talk briefly about the photographs and artifacts they bring in to share and field questions from the crowd. Next week’s Star is Olivia.
Math 65. Problem sets 89 – 92 will be due as homework this week. They will test on Friday.
Shurley Grammar. No testing this week, however, students will be classifying pattern 2 sentences and working with synonyms and antonyms.
All testing in my classes will occur this Friday as follows:
- Daily Oral Language (DOL). Beginning today, there are no more weekly practice sentences or tests (i.e., they will no longer test on the sentences they edit each morning in class). They will, however, continue to have a DOL quiz every Friday.
- Spelling. They will test this week on their individualized spelling list.
- –Open Court spelling words (remember that their individualized spelling list may bear little resemblance to the Open Court spelling words)
- –Vocabulary words
- Open Court. The reading comprehension exam will be comprised of short answer and multiple choice questions. It is always an “open book” test.
- –The Big Wave (a study guide is NOT available online)