Progress reports for the 3rd quarter went home today.
Class and organization pictures are scheduled for this Friday, February 6.
Also, this Friday is a Dress of Choice Day for all 3rd through 5th grade “A” honor roll students.
Your kids will become 5th graders in 69.5 school days.
Every Monday, parents should look for these two things:
- *This Week’s Assignments (in the sidebar on the right), and
- the current issue of my classroom newsletter, Mr. T’s Tattler
Star of the Week. Wednesday, February 4: Carson. Each star will need to talk briefly about the photographs and artifacts they bring in to share and field questions from the crowd. Next week’s Star is Olivia.
Math 65. Problem sets 80 – 84 will be due as homework this week. They will test on Friday.
Shurley Grammar. No testing this week, however, students will be classifying pattern 2 sentences and working with synonyms and antonyms.
All testing in my classes will occur this Friday as follows:
- Daily Oral Language (DOL). Beginning today, there are no more weekly practice sentences or tests (i.e., they will no longer test on the sentences they edit each morning in class). They will, however, continue to have a DOL quiz every Friday.
- Spelling. Students will test on their individualized spelling list.
- –Open Court spelling words (remember that their individualized spelling list may bear little resemblance to the Open Court spelling words)
- –Vocabulary words
- Open Court. The reading comprehension exam will be comprised of short answer and multiple choice questions. It is always an “open book” test.
- –Arctic Explorer: The Story of Matthew Henson (a study guide is available online)