Your kids will become 5th graders in 74.5 school days.
Spelling. Everyone will have the same spelling list. The Open Court spelling concept this week is “Plurals,” and the majority of the class can use work regarding the applicable spelling rules. Students will take a pretest this Thursday. On Friday, students will test only upon the words they misspell on the Thursday pretest. They will be exempted from the Friday test if their pretest score is at least 95% (i.e., they misspell one word or less).
Every Monday, parents should look for these two things:
- *This Week’s Assignments (in the sidebar on the right), and
- the current issue of my classroom newsletter, Mr. T’s Tattler
Star of the Week. Wednesday, January 28: Jordan. Each star will need to talk briefly about the photographs and artifacts they bring in to share and field questions from the crowd. Next week’s Star is Carson.
Math 65. Problem sets 75 – 78 will be due as homework this week. They will test on Friday.
Shurley Grammar. No testing this week, however, students will be classifying pattern 2 sentences and working with synonyms and antonyms.
All testing in my classes will occur this Friday as follows:
- Daily Oral Language (DOL). They’ll test on the sentences edited each morning in class. Click on the links for:
- –Practice sentences
- –Answer key
- Spelling. Students will test on the same their individualized spelling list.
- –Open Court spelling words (remember that their individualized spelling list may bear little resemblance to the Open Court spelling words)
- –Vocabulary words
- Open Court. The reading comprehension exam will be comprised of short answer and multiple choice questions. It is always an “open book” test.
- –Island of Blue Dolphins (a study guide is available online)