Thanks again to Room Mother Spilman who brought in goodies for the Treasure Chest and an industrial strength electric pencil sharpener with an extended warranty (so wise). Now if the lil’ darlings will refrain from sharpening colored pencils and crayons.
Report cards went home today in the Monday folders.
Progress reports for the 3rd quarter for my classes only also went home today for every subject except Science.
Your kids will become 5th graders in 84 school days.
Every Monday, parents should look for these two things:
- *This Week’s Assignments (in the sidebar on the right), and
- the current issue of my classroom newsletter, Mr. T’s Tattler
Star of the Week. Wednesday, January 14: Trevor. Each star will need to talk briefly about the photographs and artifacts they bring in to share and field questions from the crowd. Next week’s Star is Brandon.
Math 65. Problem sets 69 – 72 will be due as homework this week. They will test on Friday.
Shurley Grammar. No testing this week, however, students will be classifying pattern 2 sentences and working with synonyms and antonyms.
All testing in my classes will occur this Friday as follows:
- Daily Oral Language (DOL). They’ll test on the sentences edited each morning in class. Click on the links for:
- –Practice sentences
- –Answer key
- Spelling. Students will test on their individualized spelling list.
- –Open Court spelling words (remember that their individualized spelling list may bear little resemblance to the Open Court spelling words)
- –Vocabulary words
- Open Court. The reading comprehension exam will be comprised of short answer and multiple choice questions. It is always an “open book” test.
- –The Story of Susan La Flesche Picotte (study guide is available online)