Second quarter progress reports for my classes only (excluding science) are included in the Monday Folders.
No school for students this Thursday and Friday.
Parent-teacher conferences this Wednesday (4-8 p.m.) and Thursday (8-noon).
Science fair is December 4. All information concerning the Legacy Academy science fair is available online right here. All student projects have been approved. They may begin data collection. I will check their progress every Monday until the science fair beginning next Monday, November 3.
Every Monday, parents should look for these two things:
- *This Week’s Assignments (in the sidebar on the right), and
- the current issue of my classroom newsletter, Mr. T’s Tattler
Star of the Week. Wednesday, October 29: Patrick. Each star will need to talk briefly about the photographs and artifacts they bring in to share and field questions from the crowd. Next week’s Star is A.J.
Math 65. Problem sets 41- 43 will be due as homework this week. They will not test this week.
Daily Oral Language (DOL). This shortened week, students edit two sentences daily in class and edit two similar sentences for a quiz grade (to see if they can apply their newfound editing knowledge).
Spelling. No new spelling lists this shortened week. Instead, students will take a 50 word Morrison-McCall spelling assessment to mark their progress since August and work on their “spelling decks.”
Vocabulary. All students take a five word vocabulary test this week.
Shurley Grammar. No testing this week, however, students will be classifying sentences and working with synonyms and antonyms.
All testing in my classes will occur this Wednesday as follows:
- Daily Oral Language (DOL). They’ll take a quiz on sentences similar to those they edit each morning in class. Click on the links for:
- –Practice sentences
- –Answer key
- Spelling. No test.
- –Open Court spelling words (remember that their individualized spelling list may bear little resemblance to the Open Court spelling words)
- –Vocabulary words
- Open Court. No reading comprehension exam this week.
- –Starting a Business (study guide is available online)