Progress reports. Please check reports for missing assignments.
Open Court. Last week, due largely to the snow day, we were not able to spend sufficient time reading and reviewing the story. As a result, I took no grade for their Friday Open Court exam.
Each week, parents should look for these two things:
- *This Week’s Assignments (in the sidebar on the right), and
- the current issue of my classroom newsletter, Mr. T’s Tattler
Absolutely no nuts, raspberries, pineapple, or baked goods containing milk in the classroom at anytime. This includes products your kids bring in daily for their snack. Airborne particles and residue on hands, clothing, desks, and in waste containers are of dire concern. Thanks for your help.
Fun Friday Snack Helpers are Alyssa (snacks) and Dan (drinks). We start at 2:30 p.m., have 24 students, and there can be no nuts, raspberries, pineapple, or baked goods containing milk.
Math 54. Problem sets 103 – 106 will be due as homework this week. They will test this Friday.
Shurley Grammar. Students will continue classifying pattern 3 sentences. There will be no quiz this week.
All testing in my classes will occur this Friday as follows:
- Daily Oral Language (DOL). They’ll test on the sentences edited each morning in class. Click on the links for:
- –Practice sentences
- –Answer key (available now)
- Spelling. Students will test only upon the words they misspelled on Friday’s pretest. They will be exempted if their pretest score is at least 95%.
- –Spelling list (available Monday night)
- Vocabulary. I am no longer pretesting so there are no exemptions from the Friday test.
- –Vocabulary words (available Monday night)
- Open Court. The reading comprehension exam will be comprised of short answer and multiple choice questions. It will be an “open book” test.
- –Koko’s Kitten (is available online).