Some of my progress reports will be sent home Monday.
Science. Thank you to those parents that lent a hand during our in-school field trip last Thursday. The students were engaged and seemed to enjoy the entire day.
Each week, parents should look for these two things:
- *This Week’s Assignments (in the sidebar on the right), and
- the current issue of my classroom newsletter, Mr. T’s Tattler
Absolutely no nuts, raspberries, pineapple, or baked goods containing milk in the classroom at anytime. This includes products your kids bring in daily for their snack. Airborne particles and residue on hands, clothing, desks, and in waste containers are of dire concern. Thanks for your help.
Fun Friday Snack Helpers are CaseyMae (drinks) and Justin (snacks). We start at 2:30 p.m., have 24 students, and there can be no nuts, raspberries, pineapple, or baked goods containing milk.
Math 54. Problem sets 89 – 92 will be due as homework this week. They will test this Friday.
Shurley Grammar. Students will continue classifying pattern 2 sentences. There will be no quiz this week.
All testing in my classes will occur this Friday as follows:
- Daily Oral Language (DOL). They’ll test on the sentences edited each morning in class. Click on the links for:
- –Practice sentences
- –Answer key (available now)
- Spelling. Students will test only upon the words they misspelled on Friday’s pretest. They will be exempted if their pretest score is at least 95%.
- –Spelling list (available Monday night)
- Vocabulary. A pretest was given last Friday. Students will be exempted if their pretest score is perfect.
- –Vocabulary words (available Monday night)
- Open Court. The reading comprehension exam will be comprised of short answer and multiple choice questions. It will be an “open book” test.
- –Arctic Explorer: The Story of Matthew Henson (available online)