Student report cards for those parents who couldn’t make the conferences and my 2nd quarter progress reports (where available: there aren’t a lot of grades recorded yet) in the Monday folders.
Science. The 2nd annual Legacy Academy science fair is scheduled for Friday, December 7. I have included a few items on the science page of the fourth grade website to help you and your students plan their projects. The long-promised, complete science fair packet has been delayed once again (the grading rubric has not been finalized by the school-wide science fair guiding committee which is the final item I need) and will go out next week.
Every Monday, parents should look for these two things:
- *This Week’s Assignments (in the sidebar on the right), and
- the current issue of my classroom newsletter, Mr. T’s Tattler
Absolutely no nuts, raspberries, pineapple, or baked goods containing milk in the classroom at anytime. This includes products your kids bring in daily for their snack. Airborne particles and residue on hands, clothing, desks, and in waste containers are of dire concern. Thanks for your help.
Fun Friday Snack Helpers are Eli (snacks) and Callie (drinks). We start at 2:30 p.m., have 24 students, and there can be no nuts, raspberries, pineapple, or baked goods containing milk.
Math 54. Problem sets 41 – 45 will be due as homework this week. They will not test this week.
Daily Oral Language (DOL). Students edit two sentences daily in class and will test on the same sentences each Friday. Additionally, students will edit and rewrite two similar sentences weekly for a quiz grade (to see if they can apply their newfound editing knowledge).
Spelling. Students take a 20 word pretest every Monday. On Friday, students test only upon the words they misspelled on the Monday pretest. They will be exempted from the Friday test if their pretest score is at least 95% (i.e., they misspell two or fewer words).
Vocabulary. Students take a five word pretest every Monday. They will be exempted from the Friday test if their pretest score is perfect.
Shurley Grammar. Students will be classifying sentences and working with synonyms and antonyms. There will be no testing.
All testing in my classes will occur this Friday as follows:
- Daily Oral Language (DOL). They’ll test on the sentences edited each morning in class. Click on the links for:
- –Practice sentences
- –Answer key (available now)
- Spelling. Students will test only upon the words they misspell on Monday’s pretest. They will be exempted if their pretest score is at least 95%.
- –Spelling list (available Monday night)
- Vocabulary. A pretest will be given on Monday. Students will be exempted if their pretest score is perfect.
- –Vocabulary words (available Monday night)
- Open Court. The reading comprehension exam will be comprised of short answer and multiple choice questions. It will be an “open book” test.
- –Elias Sifuentes, Restaurateur (available online)