Email me. Thanks to everyone that has sent an email to email@example.com. I’m adding them to my address book to develop a parent email list for emergency notifications, progress reports, and requests for volunteers.
Volunteer hours. A list of volunteer tasks will be available at Thursday night’s Open House.
Every Monday, parents should look for these two things:
- *This Week’s Assignments (in the sidebar on the right), and
- the current issue of my classroom newsletter, Mr. T’s Tattler
Each week you’ll find printable study guides for Friday’s language arts tests in “*This Week’s Assignments.” The Tattler lists weekly homework assignments for my classes (e.g., Saxon Math 54 and science), and, whenever possible, requirements from Mrs. Waide and your student’s specials teachers (i.e., art, computers, music; physical education).
Absolutely no nuts, raspberries, or pineapple in the classroom at anytime. This includes products your kids bring in daily for their snack. Airborne particles and residue on hands, clothing, desks, and in waste containers are of dire concern. Thanks for your help.
Fun Friday Snack Helpers are Logan (snacks) and Mark (drinks). We start at 2:30 p.m., have 24 students, and there can be no nuts, raspberries, or pineapple in any snacks.
Math 54. My students may have homework late in the week. They will continue to pretest until the classroom test average falls below 80%. Then I’ll make a decision where to begin work in the textbook.
Daily Oral Language (DOL). Students edit two sentences daily in class and will test on the same sentences each Friday. Additionally, students will edit and rewrite two similar sentences weekly for a quiz grade (to see if they can apply their newfound editing knowledge).
Spelling. Students take a 20 word pretest every Monday. On Friday, students test only upon the words they misspelled on the Monday pretest. They will be exempted from the Friday test if their pretest score is at least 90% (i.e., they misspell two or fewer words).
Vocabulary. Students take a five word pretest every Monday. They will be exempted from the Friday test if their pretest score is perfect.
Shurley Grammar. Our community building is taking time. If time allows, students will be classifying sentences and working with synonyms and antonyms. Regardless, there will be no testing this week.
All testing in my classes will occur this Friday as follows:
- Daily Oral Language (DOL). They’ll test on the sentences edited each morning in class. Click on the links for:
- –Practice sentences
- –Answer key (available Monday night)
- Spelling. Students will test only upon the words they misspell on Tuesday’s pretest. They will be exempted if their pretest score is at least 90%.
- –Spelling list (available Monday night)
- Vocabulary. A pretest will be given on Tuesday. Students will be exempted if their pretest score is perfect.
- –Vocabulary words (available Monday night)
- Open Court. The reading comprehension exam will be comprised of short answer and multiple choice questions. It will be an “open book” test.
- –Toto (study guide)