Note: Because I’m out of town, this week’s DOL, spelling, vocabulary, and Open Court (see below) assignments will be available by Tuesday night.
- *This Week’s Assignments (in the sidebar on the right),
- the daily assignment calendar
- the current issue of my classroom newsletter, Mr. T’s Tattler, and
- Mrs. Waide’s blogspot
Open Court: We will read and discuss the story, “The Bridge Dancers,” in class. However, because of the shortened week, the comprehension test will be a homework assignment due Friday, January 19. The exam and a copy of the story will be sent home in the Tuesday folder.
Fun Friday snack helpers are Kyle G. (snacks) and Rachel (drinks). We start at 2:30 p.m., have 24 students, and there can be no nuts in any snacks.
Math 54. Problems sets 91 – 93 will be assigned as homework this week. There are no supplemental problem sets assigned this week. Because students have asked for no homework over the weekends, students will always test on Friday for the remainder of the year.
Literacy. In my classes, all testing will occur this Friday:
- Daily Oral Language (DOL). Students take a DOL pretest on Monday. They will be exempted from Friday’s exam if their pretest score is at least 90%. Click on the links for:
- –Practice sentences
- –Answer key
- Spelling. Students will test only upon the words they misspell on each Monday’s pretest. They will be exempted if their pretest score is at least 90%.
- –Spelling list
- Vocabulary. A pretest will be given each Monday. Students will be exempted if their pretest score is perfect.
- –Vocabulary words
- Open Court story selection.
- –The Bridge Dancers