- *This Week’s Assignments (in the sidebar on the right)
- the current issue of my classroom newsletter, Mr. T’s Tattler, and
- Mrs. Waide’s blogspot
Thank you notes are forthcoming for all your wonderful holiday presents. An approximation of the combined caloric total of gifts received exceeded 75,000. My self-restraint and waistline say, “Thank you.”
The 3rd quarter began last Thursday. I’m afraid the rest of the year will be a blur so please check this blog for the latest news.
When you get a chance welcome the handsome new kid in our class, Kristofer Bauer.
Fun Friday snack helpers are Raegan (snacks) and Sophie (drinks). We start at 2:30 p.m., have 24 students, and there can be no nuts in any snacks.
Math 54. Problems sets 86 – 89 will be assigned as homework this week. Any supplemental problem sets assigned are always due on Friday. Because students have asked for no homework over the weekends, students will always test on Friday for the remainder of the year.
Literacy. In my classes, all testing will occur this Friday:
- Daily Oral Language (DOL). Students take a DOL pretest on Monday. They will be exempted from Friday’s exam if their pretest score is at least 90%. Click on the links for:
- –Practice sentences
- –Answer key
- Spelling. Students will test only upon the words they misspell on each Monday’s pretest. They will be exempted if their pretest score is at least 90%.
- –Spelling list
- Vocabulary. A pretest will be given each Monday. Students will be exempted if their pretest score is perfect.
- –Vocabulary words
- Open Court story selection. We begin our 3rd unit, “From Mystery to Medicine.” Be forewarned: 4 of the 7 stories are expository text.
- –Medicine: Past and Present