For those of you flying around, please see:
- *This Week’s Assignments (in the sidebar on the right)
- the current issue of my classroom newsletter, Mr. T’s Tattler, and
- Mrs. Waide’s blogspot
There’s no school for students this Friday, so:
- Fun Thursday snack helpers are Kyle P. (snacks) and John (drinks). We start at 2:30 p.m., have 23 students, and there can be no nuts in any snacks.
- Our DOL, reading, spelling and vocabulary testing schedule moves from Friday to Thursday.
Second quarter progress reports for students in my language arts, math, and reading classes are in their Monday folders. Science progress reports will be provided in a couple of weeks.
Parent conferences will be held October 26 (4 – 8 p.m.) and 27 (8 – 12:30 p.m.). Report cards will be distributed when we meet.
Math 54. Problems sets 55 – 57 will be assigned as homework this week. Supplemental practice quiz sheet 21 will be distributed on Monday and will be due by Thursday. Students will test on Tuesday.
Literacy. In my classes, all testing will occur this Thursday as follows:
- Daily Oral Language (DOL). They’ll test on the sentences edited each morning in class. Click on the links for:
- –Practice sentences
- –Answer key
- Spelling. Students will test only upon the words they misspell on each Monday’s pretest. They will be exempted if their pretest score is at least 90%.
- –Spelling list
- Vocabulary. A pretest will be given each Monday. Students will be exempted if their pretest score is perfect.
- –Vocabulary words
- Open Court. The reading comprehension exam will be comprised of short answer and multiple choice questions. It will be an “open book” test.
- –Daedalus and Icarus